LOCATION: One of the Europe’s most well kept secrets, the beautiful country of Slovenia
WHAT: Wine and Culinary retreat around all three wine regions of Slovenia - 8 days created specifically to relax and enjoy with like-minded people in a beautiful natural setting of Slovenian countryside.
DURATION: 8 days, 7 nights
FOR WHO: For people who are ready to explore different wine and culinary traditions and nourish themselves though inspirational experience that will allow you to think about wine production, food preparations and traveling in a whole new way.
YOUR GUIDES: Maja Djorcev Roy and Sanja Djorcev — for more info read ABOUT page.
HOW MUCH: $2800.00 (2482.00 eur) person.
(A non-refundable deposit of $1000 per person is due no later than May 15, 2015. The remaining $1.800 is due on June 15, 2015. We reserve the right to change due dates at our discretion. We also reserve the right to cancel the tour and refund all amounts paid if the minimum tour size of six individuals is not met.)
- Transportation to and from Ljubljana airport on arrival and departure day.
- Accommodation for 9 days and 8 nights in hotels and homesteads.
- Meals - during this tour we work hard to ensure the best quality meals made with organic, fair-trade, and local products.
- Unlimited herbal teas and water all day every day.
- Van transportation with our own personal chauffeur.
- Tastings of usually no less than five wines at each of selected vineyards or cellars.
- All entrance fees for cultural and natural heritage sites.
- In-country guide fees.
- Tour setup and organizing fees.
- Airfare—You will need to make your own travel arrangements, as we are not travel agents. If requested, we may be able to assist in this. Estimated airfares are likely to vary between $1100 and $1600 per person for coach depending on departure/arrival cities and travel days. If you choose to fly into an airport in Italy, Austria, Croatia, or Germany, you might consider using GoOpti transport service to Ljubljana or Maribor in Slovenia.
- Transfer to meeting point if you are flying into any other airport than Ljubljana.
- Meals on June 22nd and June 30th (travel days).
- Personal expenses such as toiletries, laundry services, or telephone calls.
- Trip cancellation for any reason. See our cancellation policy below for more details.
- Travel Insurance: Although Slovenia is a safe country, we strongly encourage participants to obtain travel insurance to cover health emergencies, theft, lost luggage, and other risks of traveling. Health care in Slovenia is of high-quality and comparatively (to the United States) affordable, but insurance is almost always a good idea!
- Baggage insurance and excess baggage fees for flights
- Luggage: We strongly encourage you to travel light since we will be moving around a lot in Slovenia. For excursions like this, we have learned to travel with one rolling carry-on and one medium-sized shoulder/backpack bag for purse, camera, computer, and related items.
- Car rental
- Anything not expressly included in the "Included in price" section above.
CANCELLATION POLICY: The cost of this trip is largely due to expenses that need to be paid in advance to the transportation company, the various wineries, and the hotels and homes we will be staying at. Note that no exceptions will be made to this policy. Because of the nature of the trip, our cancellation policy is effective as follows:
Cancellations after deposit payment will result in a forfeiture of the deposit amount.
Cancellations between April 1st and May 1st will be subject to a 50% fee ($500) to cover administrative costs, non-refundable reservations, and cancellation-related expenses. Cancellations after May 1st and no-shows will forfeit the entire amount paid. Due to possible unforeseen circumstances, trip cancellation insurance is recommended.
Cancellations will not be effective until actually received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you cancel, please confirm by phone to ensure that your cancellation has been received.